What is CenTex Attack?
CenTex Attack is a select basketball program for male and female athletes which offer superior training for the elite athlete as well as the developing athlete.
Why should I choose CenTex Attack?
- Experience: We have experienced coaches on our staff. Our program is directed by Carmelo Lee, who played collegiately at Florida under Lon Krueger and also at Long Beach State University. He has had a 14-year professional career, playing in Spain, Mexico, Japan, The Dominican Republic and most recently, in Puerto Rico. Carmelo has trained clients in the Central Texas area for several years. Most importantly, Carmelo shares the PAC mission of reaching and teaching all athletes who are hungry to learn. He has trained skill levels from Kindergarten to Professional. His ability to connect with all ages and create progressions that meet the training needs of all populations make him a unique trainer and director.
- FANTASTIC FACILITIES: We train at the Premier Athletic Complex (The PAC) in Leander, which affords our athletes access to state-of-the-art facilities and equipment including the VertiMax, a Shooting Gun, the 94 Fifty Basketball and the finest hardwood courts in Austin.
- GET SEEN: Our Regional teams play in the most competitive and high-exposure tournaments in Texas. We play in Dallas, Houston, San Antonio and Austin in front of hundreds of college coaches over the course of the spring and summer.
- CTX Player Pass: The CTX Player Pass allows all CenTex Attack players access to the PAC every summer weekday from 4:30-6:00 pm. No other select program can offer this level of daily access to a high quality gym and equipment.
- GET SMARTER: We feature 20-minute pre-practice strategy meetings that includes interactive “chalk talks”, video study and leadership training. We will help your athlete to improve his/her Basketball IQ.
What ages do you serve?
We are currently serving boys 4th- Varsity and girls 4th-Varsity.
How much does it cost?
All pricing includes tournament entry fees, uniforms, practice times, coaches pay and CTX Player Pass.
What is the difference between a development team, local team, a regional team and a national team?
A national team is a team competes in Austin area, surrounding areas, and 1 or 2 out of state tournaments. A regional team is a team that competes in the Austin and surrounding areas going as far as Dallas, Houston, and Corpus Christi. Local teams will compete in the Austin area. The development team will play in the PAC spring rec league and 3 Local tournaments.
When does the season start/end?
We will begin practice after spring break. The season will run through July.
How many times a week will the teams practice and for how long?
- National Teams will practice 3 times a week for 2 hours.
- Regional Teams will practice 3 times a week for 2 hours.
- Local Teams will practice 2 times a week for 2 hours.
- Development Teams (Team Elevate) will practice 2 times a week for 2 hours.
How often will they have tournaments?
We will compete in tournaments 2 to 3 times a month.
When will the tournament schedule be finalized?
The tournament schedule will be available by the final tryout with a possibility of changes if a tournament is canceled.
How can I sponsor an athlete/team/program?
CenTex Attack’s mission is to provide transformational teaching for any athlete or coach who seeks to maximize his or her training techniques, and his or her ability to think the game and thus play and coach it effectively with consistency. All donations made to CenTex Attack are tax deductible.
How do I see what’s happening with CenTex Attack?
Follow us on social media.
Just click the link at the bottom of the page!